How long after I get my divorce decree can I apply for a marriage license in Westmoreland County, PA?

Greensburg, PA |

I have been waiting 3 years to be remarried. We would like to get married as soon as possible after my divorce.

Best Answer

Generally you need to wait 30 days after the divorce decree has been finalized and the parties served with the final decree. The reasoning behind that is to ensure that no appeal has been filed.

I agree, generally you should wait 30 days before requesting a marriage license just to make sure that an appeal to the decree hasn't been filed by your former spouse.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated. This answer does not create an attorney/client relationship and is for informational purposes only. More importantly, the information contained in this answer should not be relied on without first consulting with an attorney who practices in the related area in the related jurisdiction.