Skip to main content

How long afer a divorce can you remarry in Mississippi?

Brandon, MS |

Final hearing for divorce is in April. Is there a waiting period after that final hearing that will have to wait until legally remarrying?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

You can remarry at any point after the final decree of divorce has be entered (ie, filed with the clerk), however, if you wanted to be extra careful or suspect your ex-spouse may appeal, you should wait an additional 30 days and ensure no appeal has been filed. Once 30 days have elapsed from the date the final decree is entered, the case can no longer be appealed on most grounds. There are a couple of very technical grounds that could, in theory, result in a divorce being set aside after the time to appeal has run, but that almost never happens. If an appeal is filed within the 30 days, you probably don't want to remarry until the appeal is resolved.

Answers provided are for informational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is intended or implied. Simpson Law Office, PLLC provides a free initial consultation. Call (662) 350-3392 to schedule an appointment.


Once you are divorced you can remarry

The law office of Anders Ferrington 601-316-8428 practices state wide. In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but instead need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice.


There is no waiting period once the divorce has even granted by the court.

The information provided is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely solely on my answers, but should instead contact an attorney and provide them with the details of your matter. S/he will be able to provide you with more complete advice. If you have more specific questions, feel free to contact me.


One the final divorce decree is signed and entered, you are free to remarry legally.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer