Skip to main content

How is child support obtained for new children if parent has existing CS orders that garnish the full 65% of wages?

Annapolis, MD |

If a gentleman that has multiple CS orders that collectively garnish 65% of his wages fathers an additional child, how would child support be obtained for that additional child?

If married, would CS be calculated based on his spouse's income? Would CS automatically go into arrears for the new child? Might existing orders be reduced? Thanks for your expertise.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Child support laws vary drastically from state to state and also depend on that the law considers the home state of the child, etc. It can get rather difficult. I would suggest you seek the advice of a family law attorney in your area. You might also check with your state's agency over children. Some states have state employed attorneys whose sole job is trying to obtain child support for the custodial parent. Good luck.

This information does not form an attorney-client relationship and is provided for general informational purposes only. You should seek the advice of an attorney to obtain the legal advice you needIf this information has been helpful, please indicate below. Mr. Ray is licensed to practice law in Oklahoma. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Ray strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer