Skip to main content

How is an LLC taxed composed by italians non-residents? It is true that we will be taxed for transparency in our country?

Tampa, FL |

We re 3 italians people and we want create a LLC in Florida in the real estate buy&sell or rent.
we think create LLC because we knew is less taxed and more easy respect C-corp.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Sounds like there are a number of factors here (residency, tax structures in two countries, nature of the business activity, etc.). Given this, would recommend you consult with a tax attorney regarding your specific circumstances. The details are unfortunately beyond the scope of this forum.

Good luck!

Evan A. Nielsen
1255 W. Colton Ave., #506 | Redlands, CA 92374
Main: 909.363.4658 | Fax: 480.304.3211

This electronic mail transmission may contain confidential or privileged information. If you believe that you have received this message in error; please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.

Communication, including via emails, with anyone at Nielsen Law Group, PC (the "Firm") does not create, and the receipt of communication from the Firm, does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Unless the Firm has specifically agreed to represent you in writing through a formal engagement agreement for a particular matter and a conflicts check has been successfully completed, you should not rely on any information contained in any email or other communication from the Firm as constituting legal advice and should seek your own legal representation before acting on any information or documents received from the Firm.

IRS Circular 230 Notice: Any statements contained in this writing are not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for avoiding penalties under federal tax law.

The Firm maintains offices in California and Arizona. Evan A. Nielsen(CA Bar #: 239691) and Elijah K. Nielson(CA Bar #: 280861) are the Attorneys for the California office. Scott Mac Leod (AZ Bar: 028130) is the Attorney for the Arizona office. Evan A. Nielsen and Elijah K. Nielson are admitted to practice law and licensed only in California. Scott A. Mac Leod is admitted to practice law and is currently licensed only in Arizona. Practice in jurisdictions for which each attorney is not currently licensed is supervised by an attorney in that jurisdiction and/or limited to Federal law consistent with the rules of professional conduct of the jurisdiction.

Disclaimer: I have not been retained as your attorney. My response is provided for educational and informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.


I agree with Counsel in that there are various factors to determine when advising you as to the best entity to form for tax and liability purposes. There are two different factors to consider with residents and you have another factor, being that of out of state/country residency issue. This forum is mostly for general questions and my recommendation would be to contact a Tax/Business Attorney locally and speak to them about your legal needs. Good luck to you.

DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided solely for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising.


As a foreigner, you are generally liable for US income taxes on any income earned within the United States. This would include any income earned by a Florida LLC for real estate activities related to properties in Florida (or elsewhere in the U.S.) You are responsible for filing form 1040-NR to report your non-resident income to the IRS.

With that said, this is a general rule and there are many complications when it comes to foreigners earning income in the United States. The first thing that you will need to look into is the tax treaty between the US and Italy (assuming there is one). Often times, income that would otherwise be taxable here in the US becomes non-taxable because of the provisions of a treaty in place. This generally depends on whether or not the income will be taxed in Italy, among other things.

Long story short, this is a complex question, and you should not expect a complete and thorough answer on this forum. You should consult with a qualified tax attorney to research this issue and provide you with a formal opinion on this matter.

As with all advice posted on a public forum, my advice is not to be relied upon. Given the limited set of facts provided in the question, and the limited amount of research conducted in my answer, my advice is not intended to constitute "legal advice," and you should consult with another tax attorney or CPA to get a dependable answer to your question