Skip to main content

How I can save my self and my f1 visa or what should I do to make my status legal or how I can fix this situation ?

Dayton, OH |

I am international student with F1 visa and I am getting scholarship from my government .i got married to USC last week . now unfortunately my government will cancel my scholarship because of I got married from a USC and I will not be able to pay my tuition for the fall semester which starts on 20th of august . I was planing to do the green card by august now I am worried about my f1 visa since it will be violated if i didnt pay the tuition and probably that will affect my green card approval . my question is how I can save my self and my f1 visa or what should I do to make my status legal or how I can fix this situation and without affecting my green card application?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Simple, file for the greencard sooner, rather than later.

Perhaps you might need to take a semester off. But, you'll be OK once you file for Adjustment of Status.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Consult with immigration attorney, consider filing for adjustment of status now.

The above is intended as general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Call (212)880-1538 for detailed evaluation of your case. Laws change constantly and vary from state to state. The legal principals discussed may differ substantially from your personal situation. Therefore, You should consult an attorney about your particular situation. Visit us at WWW.USIMMIGRATIONPLUS.COM Contact Immigration Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit at 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor New York, NY 10016


You should file for resident status as soon as possible.


Robert Brown LLC
1468 W.9th St., Suite 800
Cleveland, Ohio 44113


You may contact me for a free consultation. We can't do anything about your government's cancellation of financial support, but we can get your green card paperwork filed quickly and preserve your ability to return to school once you have the financial resources to do so.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer