How I can get green card through my brother?

Austin, TX |

I am PhD student, and I have J1 visa. I want to get green card becase my brother has green card and he lived in the USA since 1999.So, I want to know if I can get green card through my bother.Thanks

Only once he becomes a citizen can he sponsor you and hten it will take 10 years at least

Your brother must be a US citizen to apply for you and then it will take over 10 years for a visa to become available. Good luck!

The Law Office of David N. Shomloo, LLC. David N. Shomloo, Esq. Immigration/Criminal practice 222 N W Davis st. no. 402 Portland, Oregon 97209 www.davidshomloo.com 503-220-5045 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

I agree with my colleagues.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Yes, he will have to naturalize first. Once he sponsors you, the wait will be many years. You should consider Outstanding Researcher or Advanded Degree Professional categories once you have a job in your field.

We would be happy to assist you with this immigration matter. Please contact us directly at (512) 852-4116 to set up a consultation.