How fast can a KY Parole and Probation transfer me to another state if I have a job waiting in FL- I was offered a pre-diversion

Louisville, KY |

I got through court with pre-diversion with year of probation and restitution. I tried to get a hold of my attorney regarding conditional discharge or removal of probation till I get relocated... is that possible through a prosecuting attorney or judge now that I have already been sentenced. Or how could I expedite the process I am so concerned about losing my job and everyone has been notified about relocation including my apt complex. Is there something my attorney can do for me to help the process? The judge already sentenced. I am so concerned what could I do to help as they mentioned it is up to the deciding state and it could take up to 30 days....have you heard of it happening any sooner?

Has anyone coordinated your relocation/transfer with Florida? You should understand that Florida is not mandated to accept and monitor your probation. This is something that needs to be worked out with the KY and FL probation offices.

You should contact a local attorney who would be in a better position to accomplish your goals.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.

my local attorney has been unreachable. Although could I explain the situation to my Parole Officier and have her work on it - she mentioned about the conditional discharge paperwork until I get relocated or can I call the prosecuting attorney about it where he can have the judge sign it. I understand it is up to the other state to decide whether they will accept. I do thank you for the information just praying for good results I really do not want to lose my income over this matter.

James Donald Garrett

James Donald Garrett

If you have a good relationship with your PO, there's no harm in asking her work the transfer. Trust me, regardless of how she feels about you, she would like to have one less case on her desk. I would advise against contacting the prosecuting attorney directly. If you can't reach your attorney, you may consider contacting another. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions. Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and the feedback is appreciated.

ok...thanks!

Contact your attorney, contact your pretrial diversion officer and ask for help. Your officer can approve your leaving the jurisdiction to relocate to FL, while Fl acceptance is pending. If all else fails, put the case on the docket to explain your urgency to the judge. It's best to act through your attorney.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..