Skip to main content

How does visitation work when custodial mother lives out of town?

Columbus, OH |
Attorney answers 1


Check the local courts parenting schedule. Frequently courts have both a local and a long distance schedule. If there is no order already of record for long distance visitation then you need to file with the court for parenting time.

The nature of the action you file will be determined by what has been done in the past and what orders are of record currently.

Please seek immediate consultation with a family law attorney to have your matter carefully reviewed so that you get advice that is specific to your circumstances.

I hope this answer of helpful. Do note that this answer does not constitute an attorney client relationship and is provided with the understanding that you do not have current counsel. You need to seek a consultation for specific advice on your exact situation.