Skip to main content

How does one protect himself when Workman's Compensation is trying to force him back to work? should the hospital and Workman's

Baton Rouge, LA |

back fractured in parking garage of the hospital on my way in to work in the hospital-- work at a private duty staffing agency- whose contract is with the hospital. presently still in a lot of pain. Workman's compensation has me on pain management therapy(medicine only) and is also demanding work search. I cannot sit or stand too long. Can and should the hospital and/or Workman's Compensation be sued?--occurred June 23, 2012.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If your injury is a year old, you SHOULD be trying to return to work. Staying at home is not a good long-term plan. You should be actively seeking information from the treating doctor regarding the treatment plan of action, treatment options, and necessary future treatment. If your back is SERIOUSLY so bad that you are completely unable to work in any significant capacity after a year, you and your Attorney should be knee deep in gathering medical reports and support for your Social Security application at this point.

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.


In Calif an adjustor was charged with murder because an applicant was denied medical treatment and she died. So, you never know. You do not have to go back to work, see if you qualify for SSI or State Disability in LA. First things first, get a lawyer that knows W/C in your area.


Is your employer also paying weekly indemnity benefits?

What is the diagnosis of your back injury?

Please note that our response does not create an attorney/client relationship. Additoinally, the statements made by the attorney are limited to the information provided in the question.