Skip to main content

How does one give gaurdianship of their minor child to the childs grandparents? Mothers rights were taken away by the court

Orangevale, CA |

I would like to give gaurdianship to my parents of my minor child. His moms rights were taken away by the courts a couple years ago. I have gotten into some trouble myself and may have to go to jail. I want my son to stay with my parents he and I have both lived with them all his life. he is 8 now.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Your parents will need to file for Guardianship, and in the paperwork it will state that you (a parent) agree that they should have guardianship. There will be a hearing at which you will state that is your desire. Please know that guardianships are rather difficult to undo -- especially without the consent of the guardian.

Stephanie White
Simi Valley, CA

DISCLAIMER: The above is not legal advice nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship with the person posting the question or any person reading the above. There is no attorney-client relationship between any reader and this writer or her firm. These comments are not subject to any privilege protections. They are neither privileged nor confidential. The information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. Accordingly these comments cannot be relied upon as the law and the facts may differ from those with which the reader of this communication may be dealing.

The following disclosure is required pursuant to IRS Circular 230: unless otherwise expressly indicated, any federal tax advice contained in this communication, including attachments and enclosures, is not intended or written to be used, and may not be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any tax-related matters addressed herein.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer