We'll help you find the right solution for your needs
Does this sound like your topic?
I am a graduate student holding F-1 Visa. My husband works for a University and by their support, we were applying for green cards (Basically, I was getting one, because I am married to my husband.) My status is at RFE (485). Unfortunately, my husband and I are going through a divorce. He is not letting me know what documents that I need to send to resolve RFE. My guess it will result in DENIAL.
1. In this case, what happens to my current F-1 Visa status (Stamp valid though 2014 summer, I-20 says through 2016 summer).
2. Can I get a new visa stamp?
3. Can I apply for OPT after my defense - when I complete my study?
4. Can I apply for green card again? Will there be any disadvantage?
5. Can I somehow withdraw green card application at this point?
Thank you for your answers in advance.