Skip to main content

How does an employer working remotely (outside the US) for a US employer get paid?

New York, NY |
Attorney answers 4


Not an immigration law question.

Surely they must have devised a scheme for this scenario as well.. Have your employer talk his accountant and see what he/she says..

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Companies can hire foreign workers in other countries. It is called outsourcing.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or


I agree with my colleagues.


Our firm helps often helps businesses with this question.

First, we will need to know which country.

Then, we need to know the duration and type of work will you be doing.

We will also need to know your residence or immigration stays in the country you will be working.

After all that, we setup a foreign payroll, cover all immigration and tax issues, and reduce employment law risks. As the employee, you would likely benefit from individual income tax help as well.

Hope this was helpful. We would be glad to discuss further with you and your employer!

Total Mobility Law is an international law firm that lets companies do global business with the knowledge and confidence they need to comply in any country. Our answers on this site do not constitute legal advice, nor do they establish an attorney-client relationship. The only thing that can do that is a signed Engagement Letter and Fee Agreement, which you can get by contacting us through