Skip to main content

How do you stop an abusive husband of 16 years. Take all your assets, Get a 30,000$ leave you on SSI?

Grants Pass, OR |

He has abused the legal system in grants pass to make my life a living hell.
Afraid to go anywhere!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It's a bit difficult to understand just what has happened, from your question here. But I can tell you this:

When a divorce case is filed in Oregon, a 'statutory restraining order' automatically goes into effect. This is not a restraining order that prohibits people from talking to or being near each other. Rather, this order prohibits either spouse from hiding or disposing of marital assets, including real estate, vehicles, bank accounts, or other property. The law is intended to prevent one party to a divorce from hiding or keeping assets from the other. If you're going through a divorce, you should consult with an attorney. They can help you ensure that assets are divided equitably. You can call the Oregon State Bar for a free referral at 503-684-3763.

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online:

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer