Skip to main content

How do you respond to a request for production of documents when any potential evidence you might have is destroyed?

Oroville, CA |

I'm being sued by Cach LLC and I hired an attorney to defend me in court, I recieved the request for production of documents on the 7th, and because the debt is old,all possible documentation is likely destroyed.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Your attorney will handle this. The Request for Inspection/Production should have come to your lawyer in the first place, and your lawyer should oversee the production effort and draft the responses including any statements of document unavailability. You didn't hire an attorney so that you could guess at how to do this for yourself, nor so that you could cast about here for advice from counsel who don't know your case. Use your lawyer.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship set forth in a written document executed by the client and by me or a member of my firm. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. I can give advice, make recommendations and answer specific questions only after reviewing the evidence and documents applicable to a specific client and following a personal meeting in my office in which the relevant facts can be developed and analyzed. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.


You hired an attorney to defend you in the case. Your attorney needs to know all relevant information in order to properly defend you. Therefore, it is recommend that you pose any and all questions regarding your case to your attorney of record.