Skip to main content

How do you prove someone is commiting fraud?

Chico, CA |

I've requested child support and 2 years ago the father was making $23 an hour and now they say he only makes $14 an hour. From the same boss. How do I prove they're commiting fraud?

if I don'y have an attorney, can I ask for his past income tax returns to be subpoena?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Your family law attorney should subpoena documents related to the father's pay and employment from his employer and from the California EDD. These will reveal all of his taxable compensation. It is also possible that in the current economy, the father had to take a pay cut to keep his job.