Skip to main content

How do you handle a false positive inter-locking device result?

Snohomish, WA |

My son drove from Marysville to Issaque with clean blows. He step out of his car for a quick purchase went to restart and it indicated my son blew positive. This is he second time it's happened to him. Both times it was within a week prior to removal.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If it was my case I would retain an expert and get the device calibrated.

Communication through AVVO does not constitute legal representation. Representation by this law firm can only be established through a written agreement executed by both attorney and client. In the absence of such express representation agreement, this law firm does not represent the recipient or reader and no person or party should rely upon statements, opinions or advice contained herein.


It sounds like the blow and go is malfunctioning. Get an expert to look at the machine and get it calibrated.

Aaron M. Lukoff
Attorney at Law
Criminal & Civil Traffic Defense
Law Offices of Aaron M. Lukoff & Associates, PLLC

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response to your question is not legal advice and it does not establish an attorney-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on Washington law as I am licensed in Washington. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue/matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific legal advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain an attorney. For more information or to hire a lawyer, you can reach my offices at:; 360-647-5251 or at


If the positive Interlock blow is going to result in a probation violation or sanction by the court, you may want to retain an expert. There are lots of them out there who can show the vulnerability of the machine. Also, you could have your son polygraphed and submit the results to the prosecutor only if he passes.

If the positive is not resulting in any probation violation, just a headache since he can't start his car, you may want to see about having it replaced with another interlock. Your's might be faulty.

All comments made by the attorney are mere statements of opinion and are not intended to be interpreted as legal advice. There is no attorney-client relationship formed as a result of this comment.