Skip to main content

How do you go about getting power of attorney over someone who is in jail?

Rincon, GA |

A family member is looking for someone to be able to have access to bills and such in his/her name, and needs to know how to give that person power of attorney.

+ Read More

Filed under: Power of attorney
Attorney answers 1


Easy enough. Hire an attorney who will typically be a Notary Public or have such a one on staff who goes to the jail and witnesses signing the P/A as requested. Many jails do not provided direct access to the inmate for signing papers and such because of risk in the introduction of contraband into the jail. Most lawyer would not charge a very high fee for such a service.