Skip to main content

How do you get out of a lease agreement with someone your in a relationship with, when they don't want the relationship to end?

Lewisville, TX |

My son wants out of a relationship. He is in a lease agreement with his girlfriend. She cannot afford the apartment on her own. She won't leave. He works for the apartmens where he lives. He cannot get her to leave, she refuses. If he leaves he is stll bound to the lease agreement. What is he to do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Tough to tell without seeing the lease. It sounds like the lease is between the apartment and the girlfriend and your son is subleasing? Or are they both on the lease? Or just your son and he is leasing to her?

One idea - check out the subleasing provisions. See if your son can find someone else to come in as a roommate to take his spot.

Markus May


File an FED

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer