How do you fight a potentially legal scam of owner finance properties?

San Antonio, TX |

I rent a home from I really know, alls I know is the property manager, and they owner finance a lot of homes. All these homes are in land trusts, but its the same name associated with all the properties. Then usually after sale some long lost person shows up laying a claim to the trust. This holds up the closing, and requires a lawyer to try ans settle it. The main problem here is the people who buy these homes are lower income and do not have the resources to hire an attorney and usually wind up loosing the house and any and all monies put in to it. Then these people put a sign in the yard again for sale owner finace. How can they do that legally. I mean morally its wrong but legally is it?

If I had more details may be I could understand more... it sounds like an organized crime scam. Maybe I could sent you to the District Attorney or Attorney General or it could be a class action case. I have seen some similar things before on a small scale involving people with no "documents". I work statewide.

DISCLAIMER: THE ABOVE INFORMATION IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. THIS IS GENERAL EDUCATIONAL INFORMATION ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS ACTUAL LEGAL ADVICE. FOR LEGAL REPRESENTATION OR A CONSULTATION, PLEASE CONTACT OUR FIRM DIRECTLY. USE A GOOGLE SEARCH. WE CAN MEET NEAR YOU IF NEEDED AND YOU ARE LOCAL-- EVENINGS & WEEKENDS MEETINGS ARE OK! OR JUST CLICK ON MY NAME TO GET MY WEBSITE VIA THE BUTTON ON MY PROFILE. Mark my answer as BEST or HELPFUL if it is!!

In order to evaluate this situation, it would be necessary to look at all of the paperwork on the lease and/or sale. I've seen some similar deals that were scams, and others that were legitimate.