Skip to main content

How do you calculate the amount you should ask for in a wrongful termination settlement?

Indianapolis, IN |

I returned to work part-time with restrictions which the company ignored. After being put back on disability by my doctor, I was fired by the company. The company is now asking how much I would settle for and I have no idea how to calculate a figure.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Start with income you lost out of pocket. Then figure out how long it will take in future for you to get new job at same salary and use those lost future wages and back wages as a potential starting point.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.