Skip to main content

How do we fight a contempt citation post judgement for alimony?

Hampton, CT |

We paid for 7 years and then ran into financial difficulty, my husband is self employed as a contractor/remodeler. Our financial troubles started when he had to have a total knee replacement done and then the economy tanked while he was recovering and now has to have major shoulder surgery done with about 6 months of recovery with no work and no income. He has even tried to do work for her at times to go towards the balance he owes. My husband had VERY POOR representation at the time of the divorce and right before they went into the judge, the other attorney had him initial a non-modifiable agreement! How do we fight this now?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It is impossible to answer this question adequately with the information provided. You should speak to a family law attorney who has the opportunity to review the entire agreement.

Brian S. Karpe, Esq. (860) 242-2221 Note: This response DOES NOT constitute legal advice and therefore no specific action should be taken in reliance thereon. No attorney-client relationship is created through this response. You should speak to an licensed attorney in your state who is competent to answer your question before taking any action with regard to this question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer