Skip to main content

How do we domesticate a guardianship from NH for our granddaughter, 8, to Florida.

Venice, FL |

We have all the paperwork of the NH courts. We were told we have 120 to transfer it to Florida. Where do we go to get this accomplished?

my email is

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You need to hire an attorney in the county you are living in to open the guardianship here so that the matter can be transferred. A guardianship case is necessary here for the purposes of filing required annual documentation. Florida does require that an attorney represent the guardian.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney client relationship. The answer is for information purposes only and is based on the limited information you provided. If you would like to discuss your Florida legal matter further please call my office at (904)353-0033 x 14.


I grew up in Venice. I suggest contacting my father, Andrew Britton, an attorney in Venice at 408-8008 to open a guardianship in Sarasota and transfer the NH guardianship.

An attorney/client relationship is not deemed to exist as a result of answering a question.


You need to hire a guardianship attorney in Venice. He or she can help you transfer the guardianship to the county where the Ward resides. Court oversight is necessary for a gaurdianship.


You need to contact an attorney who practices guardianship law in the county where your granddaughter will be residing. A guardianship will have to be established down here and then there is a process for transferring the NH guardianship over to the FL guardianship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer