Skip to main content

How do my friend waive his 5 yrs barred entry to the US?

Atlanta, GA |


My friend got to the U.S, and when i the airport officer start questioning him, my friend answered a couple of questions wrong, so the the officer considered him as an intended immigrant, so he canceled his 5 years visa, and in the questioning transcript my friend, answered yes to this question:

Q: Are you aware that we will be barred for a period of five years and any attempted entry before that five years must be accompanied by a waiver
A: Yes

So what is this waiver? and how my friend should apply for it?

Thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Hardship waiver.



Thank you for your answer....can you please explain more, how do we apply for Hardship waiver? how this works

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal


Yes I can but not on AVVO. This is a forum for general information. Specifically to a case, this would be a long conversation. You can contact us directly and we will be happy to explain. We provide first free consultation as well. Good luck.


There is no waiver for the 5 year bar for an expedited removal.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


No waiver.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755