Skip to main content

How do I withdraw an application for F2 visa from the Chennai consulate?

San Jose, CA |

I hold an F1 visa, and my Fiance applied for an F2 visa after getting engaged me. In the DS 160, her status was indicated as 'married'. Her interview was scheduled after the wedding date. However, we broke up, and she has only a couple of days to the interview. She needs to withdraw the application and make sure that her future travel plans to the US are not affected.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You tell them.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Yes, call or write the consulate. They will be happy to oblige.


Either call them or send them a message.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.