Skip to main content

How do I withdraw a Motion to Show Cause for Contempt?

Charlotte, NC |

I was unaware that I cannot appeal my ED case if I accept a benefit from the Court Order for which I intend to appeal. Meanwhile, I filed a Motion to Show Cause for Contempt for not paying the distributive award from my ED case. The Hearing is in two weeks and I have no idea what to do. The reason for filing the Motion to Show Cause is because I cannot afford an attorney without the distributive award. How do I get out of the Motion to Show Cause and to figure another way without losing my right to appeal the same issue?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


This is what happens when you do your own legal work and don't know what you are doing. So the short answer is hire an attorney ASAP and keep your fingers crossed that you didn't screw yourself beyond repair.

DISCLAIMER: PLEASE VIEW OUR PROFILE AND CONTACT US FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION -This answer is for informational purposes only. It is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult directly with us for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your phone calls, letters and e-mail. However, merely reading our posted answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. You will need to formally retain us by signing a Professional Services Agreement and / or making payment of a quoted fee in order to be considered a client.