How do I transfer courts from CA to TX?

Houston, TX |

Hello, I have just recently moved from CA to TX. I am currently on summary probation for a DUI back in 2011 in CA. At this point I am trying to get my probation dropped and my record expunged, how would i go about this from another state? I know it is required to appear in court and I don't know what my next step would be. Thanks

You can't really do anything from Texas. It is a California matter. You can employ a Texas attorney to advise you and deal with a California attorney for you. So the next step is to decide on a Texas or California attorney to be the person that you work with directly.

Okay, so there's no way to transfer courts in order for me to appear?

So if I hire an attorney in California can they appear in court for me?

Gene Raymond Beaty

Gene Raymond Beaty

No it would not be possible even if it was a Texas case

Gene Raymond Beaty

Gene Raymond Beaty

Yes, but it's not possible to know how much, if at all, you will also be required to be there.

All proceedings concerning your probation and expunction must be done in the California court where the case originated. Your probation can be transferred to Texas but it must be done by the California court

Both states have to agree to the transfer of probation, and that has to be done before you move.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in Florida.

Robert Jason De Groot

Robert Jason De Groot

In CA. And you cannot just get a case, a criminal case, or any other type of case, transferred from one state to another.

Your actual case cannot be transferred out of California. Only the probation supervision can. There is nothing a Texas lawyer can do unless he or she also has a California law license. If you want to take any action on your case you will need to contact your former lawyer or another of your choice. Good Luck