Skip to main content

How do I take care of outstanding warrants in texas

Houston, TX |

Tickets or traffic in another city?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


The best way is to retain a lawyer who handles ticket cases in the city where the tickets are and have them handle the matter.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.


Post Bond. Use a bondsman (not an atty who also writes bonds!) Then hire an attorney to be your attorney, not somebody who is worried about whether he or she might wind up coming out of their pocket - whether they are aware of it or not, should you fail to appear (on time) again. That is FIGHT THE TICKETS, once you have posted bonds.

OR . . .
I guess you could do me a big personal favor: just pay them, thereby probably killing your license, then driving anyway and getting DWLS/I cases (driving with license suspended/ or invalid).

I need the money. You'll be looking at jail time eventually and will be desperately needing an occupational license and competent criminal defense. I happily provide both those services for reasonable ADDITIONAL fees. See what I mean? Really, really bad way to go.

FIGHT THE CHARGES, INSTEAD, once you've gotten a bondsman to post bonds for you.

This answer is in the nature of general information only and does not constitute legal advice or the formation of an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer