How do i take care of a warrant that was issued after i made an inquiry as to if i had any warrants out for my arrest for a job.

San Francisco, CA |

I had a warrant check done on me and there was no warrant and then all of a sudden they issued a warrant that they say was from 1998 . I had to pay a fine of hundred dollars or i couldn't get out of jail and i did . they never gave me anything to go to court it was a hearing inside jail through the tv. I paid the fine and got out and now in 2012 they want to say it is there. That warrant was not there and i have a piece of paper stating that i got a warrant check and i was clear and now there is a warrant there. What do i do ?

Best Answer

Since the hearing occurred in 1998, it is likely that the case file is archived. So what you need to do is to contact someone from the local area where the 1998 hearing took place, preferably an attorney, and have them go through the archives in search of your case. Once the court file is located, you can analyze and evaluate it, before moving on with the best solution. Many times it is a simple motion to the court. Good luck.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

Contact a criminal defense attorney in your area to research the matter and locate the warrant and get it recalled/set aside and resolved.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Contact a criminal defense attorney to help you with this case.

The response above is not intended as legal advice. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Legal questions can only be fully answered through consultation with an attorney to whom you give full and accurate details. Anything you post here is not confidential and is not protected by the attorney-client relationship. It is highly recommended that you seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting.

You should go to the Court and add the case on and explain the situation to the judge.