Skip to main content

How do i stop immigration paper work? I no longer wish to bring my husband to the US

Anchorage, AK |

I was in the process of bringing my husband to the US but wish to stop the process. He failed his drug test and we no longer get along inwant to get a divorce but i know first i mist stop the paper work. Its already under the nvc and not uscis.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


All you need to do is withdraw both the Form I-130, as well as the Affidavit of Support you filed.
You need to do so in writing to both the USCIS service center where you filed the I-130, as well as the NVC where you sent the Affidavit of Support.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


If you have not paid the NVC fee bills, don't pay them. Notify NVC that you no longer wish to proceed - by calling NVC and sending them a letter that you no longer wish to proceed with the petition, along with a copy of the NVC document with the bar code and file number. Although the file is no longer with USCIS, for good measure, submit an I-130 withdrawal letter to USCIS, with a copy of te approval notie of action, and also provide NVC a copy of this letter. Submit everything via courier or any form by which you could trace receipt of these communications.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail:; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site:



what if you paid for everything. will I get reimbursed?

Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost




Withdraw your I-130 and Affidavit of Support.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Best bet is to withdraw your I-130 and Affidavit of Support

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer