Skip to main content

How do I restore my gun rights after a 72 hour involuntary hold?

West Saint Paul, MN |

I was held for a 72 hour involuntary hold for being a danger to myself and/or others when I was 17 years old. It's been a few years now and I was recently denied my Permit To Purchase Firearms because of the hold. How do I go about restoring my right to own a firearm?

+ Read More

Filed under: Civil rights Gun rights
Attorney answers 2


Hello. To address this issue, in my opinion, you would need privately to confer with an attorney. The attorney would discuss the entire incident with you in great detail, view relevant documentation and research governing law. All the best.


You will likely need to file a petition to restore your civil rights in court. There may be other things you need to do depending on your situation. I suggest you hire counsel to assist you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer