How do I respong to a summons received for a collection lawsuit in Georgia?

Dallas, GA |

I received a civil summons for a credit card debt but I am unable to find out where I can get a form to answer the summons. What information do I need to include in my answer, so that a default judgement is not taken against me?

Filed under: Credit Debt

An attorney cannot answer this question without knowing, among other things, what court the complaint is filed in, what the allegations against you are (to allege affirmative defenses), and when the complaint was served on you. You will have to speak directly to an attorney (and possibly pay the attorney for their advice) in order to get the answers you seek. Be very wary of anyone who would try to answer the questions you have asked without knowing the answers to the questions I have posed above. I recommend contacting a lawyer or lawyers and discussing with them whether they can serve as defense counsel on your behalf. Best of luck.