Skip to main content

How do I request a bond hearing for my boyfriend in deportation status?

Berkley, MI |

My boyfriend of 7 years has been in Monroe County dormitory for two weeks and has not been in front of a judge.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


He (or his attorney) has to be the one to request a bond hearing.

Please see


If he cannot obtain legal assistance, he should contact his country's consular officials for information and possible help. Consular notification is a right under Article 36 of the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations. Sometimes consular officials can provide valuable information or provide for legal assistance.

Scott D. Pollock
Scott D. Pollock & Associates, P.C.
105 W. Madison, Suite 2200
Chicago, IL 60602
fax: 312-444-1950

Visit our website at for information updates, our immigration blog, and client convenience features.