Skip to main content

How do I pursue compensation? What falls under malpractice, general lawsuit, or what can the Dental Board do?

Irvine, CA |

I'm seeking compensation to complete services paid for but not provided ~12k; Replacement of veneers not shaped as agreed, following verbally abuse when trying to insure the teeth were designed as agreed. Costs from termination of services/failure to provide a referral. I was left with my jaw out of place, had expenses pursing someone to adjust my oral appliance. Cost for new appliance: no one would/could work with the original. Chiropractic visits from my jaw being out of place. Consultations to find a new dentist . Cost of mental health services: he tried to start a sexual relationship; verbal abuse in the office, phone, text; threatening me in front of med center staff.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You need a medical/dental malpractice lawyer, to seek damages for the negligent dental work. Your damages include the cost of restorative work (by another dentist, not by this one), and if you can prove your chiropractic work and mental health services were caused by the negligent dental work, those as well. Your time in looking for a new dentist is not compensable. The sexual propositions, verbal abuse, and failure to provide a referral can also certainly be mentioned as part of your claim for this dentist's unprofessionalism and for performing work beneath the standard of care..

A lawyer may also advise you to file a complaint with the CA dental board, but this situation sounds like you need to sue.

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer