Skip to main content

How do I prove in court in front of a judge that I was treated unfairly by a contractor?

Rochester, NY |

A stucco /manson performed work that failed before the first check cleared the bank. No contract was signed. I paid weekly. Final 4th week I held back $2700.00. Mason took me to small claims which was arbitrated. I made a counter claim for fo $5000.00. I held back $2700.00 because he overbilled me for labor and materials. I made a counter claim because a preservation consultant and three other masons showed me the failures. I have already paid them $9860 to date which they charge me $2793.43 for material for an area of two hundred and eighty sqare feet. I had all the invoices, photos, and material spec sheets and contractor showed no paperwork in the first court.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You can testify about the other work you needed to have done and introduce their bills. It would be even better if one of them would give expert testimny.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


You failed to mention what the decision was. Schedule an appointment with a local experienced lawyer to assist you. Bring photos with you to court. Also, have an expert witness ready to testify vat the quality of work and the costs to correct the mistakes. You can also retain an attorney to represent you in small claims court.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or