Skip to main content

How do I protect myself-my ex fiance (law enforcement) spent my $$$, obtained a DVRO, threw me out, now wants to sell my things?

South San Francisco, CA |

1. My ex-fiance is in law enforcement and after cohabitating for 18 months, he "broke up" by filing a DV R/O (false charges of psychological harm) and put me on the street, penniless with nothing more than a suitcase (after using up my last thousands of dollars). I was shocked, horrified and heartbroken.

Now, he is going to dispose of my possessions (things I had worked long and hard to obtain) as "abandoned" even though he put me on the streets with nothing, AND his attorney has told me that I would not be allowed on the property.

His attorney is very unethical and has been so rude that he nearly spit on me when he was "in my face" threatening jail time and attorney's fees in the court parking lot.

How do I find a pro bono attorney?
How do I keep him from selling my things?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Visit your local family court services for some help and direction to an attorney. You do have rights, you should oppose the restraining order, if I is still temporary and act quickly to get your things out of the house.

Best of luck to you.

This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice, does not create an attorney/client relationship and does not create a right to continuing email exchanges.