How do I protect my employer from collections due to a personal charge I made on a corporate card 7 months ago I am disputing?

Austin, TX |

A collection company is continually calling my employer and myself over debt that I was inaccurately charged for. I have tried to resolve with the vendor directly and have not received the information that proves the amount charged was accurate.

Other than paying it, I am not sure there is much you can do.

Did you dispute the charge through the credit card company? They are usually very helpful

Hire Mark Land to send them out a letter.... he is in Austin!

DISCLAIMER: THE ABOVE INFORMATION IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. THIS IS GENERAL EDUCATIONAL INFORMATION ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS ACTUAL LEGAL ADVICE. FOR LEGAL REPRESENTATION OR A CONSULTATION, PLEASE CONTACT OUR FIRM DIRECTLY. WE CAN MEET NEAR YOU IF NEEDED AND YOU ARE LOCAL-- EVENINGS & WEEKENDS MEETINGS ARE OK! JUST CLICK ON MY NAME TO GET MY WEBSITE VIA THE BUTTON ON MY PROFILE. " CHRIS" at AVVO says I can't put it here,... even though everyone else does! EMAIL: ek@bizlaw.pro

Until they prove their right to payment, you don't have to pay the debt, nor does your employer. If the situation is placing your employment in jeopardy, I would recommend that you get in touch with a local lawyer to help you take a proactive approach to solving your situation. Good Luck!