Skip to main content

How do I prepare a witness affidavit/deposition for an uncontested divorce?

Colonial Heights, VA |

My husband and I have been physically separated for more than 12 months. I filed for an uncontested divorce but the court is requiring a witness to corroborate the alleged facts. I don't know how this is done but don't want to go through an attorney if I can prepare the form myself (or the witness). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You're discovering the perilous process of pro se litigation. The cost of a consultation with a local attorney will likely be relatively small.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.


Definitely hire a local attorney. Hard to teach law in a shirt time. It is a worthwhile investment to speak to an attorney.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or


If your Complaint satisfies the requirements under Virginia law, you MAY be able to turn your Complaint into questions and have your witness anwer yes/no.

My answer is general in nature, please do not rely on it as your sole resource for this very important issue.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer