Skip to main content

How do I plead a FTY left hand turn?

Collierville, TN |

I was exiting a school parking lot in a school bus turning left across 2 lanes of traffic. I pulled out from a hill and before I could reach the turn lane a car hit me under my drivers window - officer est. he was doing 60 mph in a school zone when he hit me. He had not license, insurance and the car was not registered to the driver. I have been out of work for 6 weeks with neck trauma and wanted to know the best way to plead this as not to have it on my record. THX

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


First of all, have you retained a personal injury attorney to represent you in a claim against the speeding car? If not, you should do so immediately.You may be entitled to money damages for the physical injuries that you sustained in the accident, as well as for any economic damages, i.e., lost wages etc.... The attorney must be licensed to practice law in your state and experienced in personal injury law. You will need to discuss the facts of your case, as well as the issue of your left turn summons, with that attorney. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Good luck.


Based solely on the facts that you have posted it is difficult to understand what the ticket is based upon. If you were driving the school bus in the course of your employment you are entitled to workers compensation benefits, and you are also entitled to bring what is called a 'third party claim' against the motor vehicle operator/owner that struck the bus you were operating.

As with the previous attorney, I advise you to retain an experienced personal injury attorney in your jurisdiction ASAP.

If there is nothing more to the facts than what you have posted, I could cross examine the police officer with half of my brain tied behind my back. But seriously, have an attorney help you.

I truly wish you the best.

If you find my answer helpful, please click the ‘thumbs-up’ tab below. Thank you.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies. In the event that you have follow up questions, please post them directly on this site. This does not create an attorney-client relationship and the attorney does not read unsolicited emails. Thank You.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer