Skip to main content

How do i no what to settle for

Wenatchee, WA |

i was in a car accident june 2011 have used all my pip and still need treatment. need nerve condition
.injections. and the surgeon wants a new mri i dont have anyway of get this done.the insurance company offered me 15,900 plus medical bills

+ Read More

Attorney answers 10


You correctly acknowledge that you can't possibly know, but your attorney - assuming qualified in personal injury litigation - does. Schedule a meeting with your advocate.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff



There's no possible way to tell you what your case is worth based on what you told us. It would be a good idea to consult with a local personal injury attorney.

As for paying for your additional medical treatment, if you have health insurance, it will cover it, subject to your co-pays and deductible.

Also, consider increasing your PIP coverage in case you need it in the future because of another crash. The cost of increasing PIP from $10,000 to $35,000 is surprisingly inexpensive. Good luck.


Arthur D. Leritz

Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Leritz is licensed to practice law in the State of Washington. The response herein does not constitute legal advice nor does it seek to establish an attorney/client relationship, but rather offers educational insight only. Please feel free to visit Mr. Leritz's website for additional information:



thank you i will try to find attorney not sure if i should do wenatchee or seattle area


I agree with the previous answers and you really need an experinced personal injury lawyer to help you analysiz your options. Generally speaking cases shouldn't settle if your damages are ongoing. You will need to file a lawsuit to preserve your options, before the statute of limitations runs out and the offers dry up.
Use the find a lawyer tab above
Good Luck

Please be sure to indicate the best answer. If this answer was helpful, please mark as helpful below. Only. If and until you and I sign an Agreement for Legal Services, I am not your attorney. These answers are provided for informational and/or novelty purposes



thank you i will try to find attorney not sure if it should be wenatchee or Seattle area

Shawn B Alexander

Shawn B Alexander


Where the accident happens should be ok, or where the driver lives.


You hire a personal injury attorney to make sure you get as much as you possibly can!!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


That offer sounds light.

You should hire a car accident attorney to evaluate the case. Claims should not be settled until treatment concludes and/or prognosis is clear.

AVVO has a tool to help you find a lawyer:


You know after you retain a personal injury lawyer.


At the very least, you should obtain a consultation with a personal injury attorney to review the circumstances and the offer being made. You may be short changing yourself by not having appropriate legal advice.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Most PI attorneys, including myself, offer free consultations. Insurance companies never offer you what you deserve without you being represented by an attorney. I was just in Wenatchee yesterday and travel there often so feel free to contact my office if you'd like for more information. Good luck.


You definitely need an attorney to help address all your questions and concerns.


Please do not even THINK about settling now. If your problem turns out to be worse than expected, you will be totally screwed if you have already settled.

It is impossible to say what your claim is worth, but I can tell you this:

If they are offering you $15,900 when you don't have an attorney, they will probably offer you a lot more if you hire an attorney, and the difference will more than make up for the fee you agree to pay the lawyer.

Most personal injury lawyers will provide a free, no obligation legal consultation. You have nothing to lose.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer