How do I make a complaint about a lawyer?

Knoxville, TN |

I believe my lawyer misrepresented his self to get my case. He did not follow through on anything he talked about before I paid him. He pretty much threw my case. I requested everything he had in my file and there is not much to it

The behavior of attorneys is regulated by the bar association which licenses the attorney. Be aware, however, that dissatisfaction over an attorney's representation does not necessarily prove a breach of ethical standards.

Best wishes for an outcome you can accept, and please remember to designate a best answer.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

You can contact the Tennessee Board of Professional Responsibility in Nashville, TN. Here is the website to file a complaint. http://www.tbpr.org/consumers/filingacomplaint.aspx

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship. I provide this service for educational purposes only. I will take no action on your behalf unless you have hired me and a written retainer agreement is signed. I am licensed only in Tennessee and I strongly suggest you consult with an attorney in your city and state as Statute of Limitation deadlines can limit your recovery.

Most criminal attorneys get paid a retainer fee and will not start working on a case until they get paid.Proving an attorney representing you did something and conspired to do something personally to you for whatever reason would be hard to prove.On the otherhand if you feel like you have valid evidence that your attorney was unethical and didn't represent you up to the standards of professionalism, contact the board of professional responsibility.