Skip to main content

How do i go about raising a new claim if Im already in the ninth circuit court with a certificate of appealabilty pending?

Sacramento, CA |

Im in the 9th cir. with a coa pending and i want to raise a new issue pertaining to ineffective assistance during plea deal phase. how do i do t? The cases the passed recently in the ussc is lafler v. cooper and Missouri v. frye. thank u.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


I have added Criminal Defense to your categories so maybe you will get some answers now.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.



Thank you