Skip to main content

How do I go about lowering my property tax in the state of Illinois

Chicago, IL |

I bought a fixer-upper in Oak Park, IL. My property taxes are 11K each year but my house is stuck in the 1940s, the electrical, plumbing, sewer and heating all need to be updated. There is also no central air. Is there a way I can lower my taxes temporarily?

Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

Read this information from the Cook County Assessor's Office.


Hire an attorney who handles property tax appeals.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer