Skip to main content

How do I go about getting my soon to be ex-wife to move out of my house that I owned before the marriage?

Columbus, GA |

It is an uncontested and it has been going on for over a month since our seperation and she has yet to begin to pack. I need to know what to do so that I can move on with the my life.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It sounds like it may be time for mediation. A mediator can assist you and your spouse with the legal issues of separation/divorce and help you forge a settlement agreement that can be used to file a truly uncontested divorce with the court. Mediation, unlike court, can be done on your schedule and at your speed, with added benefits of confidentiality and the ability to address issues outside the strictly legal issues.

One Mediation has a Divorce Program for couples, such as yourself, to work on such settlement of legal issues relating to divorce. Following the program, some couples will hire counsel to review the agreement and/or file the appropriate documents with the courts. Take a look at .

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer