Skip to main content

How do I go about getting a pre nuptial agreement prepared

Atlanta, GA |

I am getting married soon and I want to do a prenurtials what to I need to do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


This is a wise thing to do. Typically, there are family law lawyers, and/or trusts and estates lawyers, who offer these as part of their practice. These vary by state. Usually, both spouses are required to be represented by different attorneys to protect their interests and have a full and fair disclosure of assets and what they are agreeing to settle or forego if the marriage ends. These are especially important where there are children from previous relationships/marriage(s), and their interests need to be protected. Estate planning including Trusts may also be appropriate.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer