HOW DO I GO ABOUT GETTING A HEARING TO FINALLY GET DIVORCED?

Mission, TX |

I FILLED IN FEB OF 2013 AND I FILED THE WAIVER AND DIVORCE DECREE JUST LAST WEEK. I HAVE BEEN SEPARATED FOR 4 1/2 YEARS ALREADY AND MY EX IS ABOUT TO HAVE HIS 2ND BABY WITH HIS CURRENT GIRLFRIEND. I WANT THIS DONE ASAP..

The waiver must be on file with the court for ten days. After that you can attend a prove up session with the court or schedule a prove up hearing with the court and get the judge to sign off on the decree.

Call the court and ask if the court clerk will give you a setting to "prove-up" an uncontested divorce. It's up to you to get the date. The court will likely set the case for dismissal for want of prosecution if you don't do something.

I am not intending this to be legal advice, because I don't know the particulars of your situation. Call me if you would like to discuss this or other isues.