Skip to main content

How do.I go about fliing a civil suit against my soon to be ex husband?

Daly City, CA |

We filed our tax return that we split the amounts into two different accounts. We received a letter from the IRS stating we needed to file an amendment cause one of the children 's ssn was wrong I corrected it and need to file the amendment but he wont sign it. I was told that I can file a civil suit how do I go about doing that if we reside in different counties?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


This is no matter for a lawsuit


Why not mail a letter or make a phone call correcting the info? If this is number error and there is no fraud, why would you have to "file a 1040x amendment"? Why not respond in writing, with a photocopy of the child's social security card?

Curt Harrington
Certified Tax Specialist -- State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization (J.D.; LL.M.-Tax)
Electrical(M.S.E.E.)-Chemical(M.S.Ch.E)(B.S. Chemistry)-Mechanical Patent (Intellectual Property) Attorney & MBA (562) 594-9784 ---

Please remember to designate your question's BEST ANSWER.

Curt Harrington Patent & Tax Law Attorney Certified Tax Specialist by the California Board of Legal Specialization PATENTAX.COM This communication is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This communication should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm.


Mr. Harrington gave you a terrific response. You should hire him.