Skip to main content

How do I go about bringing my fiancée?

Brooklyn, NY |

My fiancée lives in London and is on a work permit. we recently got engaged and I would love to bring him to the United States. we have plans on going back to our home country for a wedding celebration, but probably it will happen in 6-7 month. Is it better to bring him as my fiancée here, and solmenize the marriage here than go back together for the wedding celebration back home, or complete the weeding in Bangladesh and than come to the US and then apply for him? If he came as my fiancée on a visa how long would it take for him to receive a green card? is it possible for him to travel with me back home without the green card?

Yes I am a US citizen.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You didn't tell us the most important thing .... are you a US Citizen? The reason I ask is that you talk about 'our home country'.

You should meet with an immigration attorney to discuss the best options .. this is actually a fairly complex issue and you need to balance many, many factors.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Need more info. If your a US citizen there are options. If you only have a green card or worse a US work visa than you cannot sponsor your fiancee.


The other attorneys are correct. If you are a citizen then you have the options you talk about. Of not, can't do the fiancée visa. Schedule a personal consultation to further discuss.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer