Skip to main content

How do I go about appealing a denied home plan and how long does it usually take?

Mechanicsburg, PA |

My boyfriend has been on parole for some time . Recently we decided to move together . We found a place that was only 5 mile from where he used to live but it just happened to be in a different county . We had signed the lease , he is on the lease and I moved in January 1st . His PO told him he was going to have a new PO d / t moving to a new county and someone would be in touch to approve the home plan . The new PO had until 2 / 13 to approve it . He never contacted me to come look at the house . On 2 / 12 I came home to a business card from him on my door . I called him , was unable to reach him and he did not return my call . . . Two weeks later his home plan was denied . And now he can not stay here . How do I appeal this decision and what are the chances of the appeal being successful ? ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


He needs to go back to his attorney and have them attempt to resolve this matter with the PO.


I again agree with Mr. Keller; he needs to have an attorney get involved in an effort to resolve it in the field. I'm assuming you are talking about the Pennsylvania Board of Probation and Parole. An appeal of action taken by PBPP would go to the Commonwealth Court, and it would be an expensive proposition with no guarantee of success. Talk to one or more qualified criminal defense attorneys in your area to see what they have to say about the prospects of getting the new PO's denial reversed. This will undoubtedly require a privately retained attorney as I don't think the Public Defender would undertake this project not would the court appoint counsel for this purpose. I may be mistaken in that belief, so if money is an insurmountable problem I would at least check with the PD's Office. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer