Skip to main content

How do I go about adjustment of status.I am already in the country on an F-1 visa? I have all my documents but need advice.

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

I received letter from NVC stating that i am eligible for further processing. My mom recently became a citizen.

1) Do i have to fill out DS-3032 form and send it in first, or should I inform them that I just want to adjust my status?
2) The i-485 form stated that I should include a copy of I-797C. I don't have such a form. I have I-797 from when my petition was first approved then sent to NVC until visa available. Should i send that instead along with the letter i have for further processing?
3) Is it possible to just send in all my documents at once inclusive of the DS-3032 form?
4) Can my sponsor provide photocopy of tax returns?

Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


The major question is, did you indicate on your I130 that you will be adjusting in the US? It seem to me that you initially set your case for the consular processing in your native country. You need to fix this first before you can proceed.

Nothing in this post shall be construed as a legal advice. If you need advice regarding your particular situation, please contact my office directly. This information is transferred without an intent to creat an attorney-client relationship.



How do i fix that?


It's easy to make mistakes when working on your own. You've targeted your case for consulate processing and it needs to be fixed. I suggest working with an immigration attorney to help get things right.

For more information, call (888) 483-0311. This information is general in nature and is not legal advice to be relied upon for any particular matter.


What you need is a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney and soon.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Hello, have you filed a family based petition? You will need to file a family based petition prior to filing your adjustment of status. Please contact me if you need representation. Romaine Brown, Esq. 954-315-1160,,