How do I get someone out of my house if there is no lease, and she has not made payments to me.

Brooksville, FL |

I own a home in a deed restricted community. She should have had a background check prior to moving in, but was only supposed to be here temporarily. She has not paid me since May, there is no lease. Legally I live there, all of my belongings are there, but I have been voluntarily staying at my moms because of her pit bull (and can not stand being there around her laziness). I have a 4 year old son and do not trust the dog with my child.

She does get mail there, but my community does not allow anyone to move in without getting a background check. The electric and water are in my name also. Can I shut the electric off and put her stuff in my carport and change the locks?

Even if you have no written lease, you can file eviction proceedings in the County Court in the county in which you live. You must first send a three day notice, telling her to pay rent in three days or vacate the premises. I she does not leave or pay rent, you can file an eviction action against her. Forms are available from the clerk of the court.